Batik Workshops and Clinics is one of the most important agendas to do consistently, they are the main business to do so that The Beauty of Batik spreads in Australia. Obviously hedaBATIK would love to regenerate the batikers in Australia.
Discover how to make batik … even if you’ve never done it before. You’ll be amazed at how much fun making batik is!
Making Batik is such a challenged and sensational process at the same time. It could be tedious or it could be therapeutic! Certainly doing batik is a process requires patience, focus and dedication.
Well … Join us to gain a greater appreciation of our mission to not only preserve these ancient traditions, but also to ensure this rich cultural heritage continues for generations to come including in Australia!
Experience the sensation of a truly Javanese heritage without leaving your beautiful Australia!
TRADITIONAL BATIK WORKSHOP:
Sketching the project with pencil, Waxing by using a traditional pen-like tool called CANTING, Colouring, Dyeing, Boiling, and then you have your own batik!
- At least 15 years old.
- Using traditional tool called “canting” to do waxing.
- Using heating wax.
- Range of 90 minutes to 5 hours session – choose your time that suit you for sketching, waxing, colouring, dyeing and boiling, plus morning tea and lunch time.
- Special price arrangement is available for your private class or group or school/uni project.
- Make 2 projects and you can bring home both projects.
- Only 6-10 people each session depend on the workshop location/venue. We can accommodate bigger number of participants, welcome to discuss about it.
- We can come to your place and you arranged your own group or you’re welcome to join our pre-arranged group periodically.
- Cost from $65 – $110 per person depends on the session/class type includes all materials and borrowed tools.
BATIK WORKSHOP @ SCHOOL
Batik workshop for kids is created and innovated with the safety and fun first!
We offer the art education for the young people to experience a unique ARTmosphere by introducing the past traditional Indonesian batik art in the present education to deliver the future optional art.
Our mission is to increase the cultural awareness in the form of art education, to embrace the diversity of cultural values, to promote self-esteem and encourage student to develop their diverse creativity needs and to build the multiculture and color of relationship.
Join the batik workshop @ school is ….. to act locally but think globally through the art education.
- Only for students year 10 and 11.
- Maximum 60 minutes session.
- May use heating wax or NOT depend on the requirement.
- 100% SAFE and FUN.
- 16 students each group. **(We could run 2 groups per workshop and 2 rounds workshop in one day workshop.)
- Welcome to create your own art into batik!
- Cost $35 – $45 per student depend on the numbers of student.
Shibori (しぼり / 絞り) is a Japanese manual resist dyeing technique to create some patterns on fabric.
Some techniques are binding, stitching, folding, twisting, or compressing cloth for shibori, and each way results in very different patterns. Each method is used to achieve a certain result, but limited.
In Indonesia, Shibori technique has been acknowledged for years too. it called Jumputan. Shibori or Jumputan is much more simple than creating batik. You don’t need to build or have certain skill how to draw hot molten wax with traditional pen-like tool called canting. You don’t need to worry about how to control canting and hot molten wax not to drip unexpectedly. You don’t need to go to the process of boiling your creation to get rid of the wax. You don’t need to go to the process how to fix your creation to keep the colors stay before you boil it. It is very simple.
In Western society, Shibori or Jumputan, is known as tie-dye.
In Japan, the earliest known example of cloth dyed with a shibori technique dates from the 8th century; it is among the goods donated by the Emperor Shomu to the Todai-ji in Nara. The main dye was indigo.
You are very welcome to join Shibori Workshop with hedaBATIK. It’s only costs $50 per person included materials, morning tea, and laugh.
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
JUST FILL THIS FORM BELOW FOR YOUR ENQUIRY