Batik Workshop and Batik Clinic is one of the most important agendas to do consistently, they are the main business for us so that The beauty of Batik spreads in Australia. Obviously hedaBATIK would love to regenerate the batikers in Australia.
Discover how to make batik … even if you’ve never done it before. You’ll be amazed at how much fun making batik is!
Making Batik is such a challenged and sensational process at the same time. It could be tedious or it could be therapeutic! Certainly doing batik is a process requires patience, focus and dedication.
Well … Join us to gain a greater appreciation of our mission to not only preserve these ancient traditions, but to make sure this rich cultural heritage continues for generations to come including in Australia!
Experience the sensation of a truly Javanese heritage without leaving your beautiful Australia!
TRADITIONAL BATIK WORKSHOP:
Sketching, Waxing by using a traditional tool called CANTING Pen, Colouring, Dyeing, Boiling, Batik
- At least 15 years old.
- Using traditional tool called “canting” to do waxing.
- Using heating wax.
- 3 – 5 hours session for sketching, waxing, colouring, dyeing and boiling, plus morning tea and lunch time.
- Special price arrangement is available for your private class or group or school/uni project.
- Make 2 projects and you can bring home both projects.
- Only 6-10 people each session depend on the workshop location/venue. We can accommodate bigger number of participants, welcome to discuss about it.
- We can come to your place and you arranged your own group or you’re welcome to join our pre-arranged group periodically.
- Cost includes all materials and borrowed tool.
KIDS BATIK WORKSHOP – BATIK WORKSHOP @ SCHOOL
Batik workshop for kids is created and innovated with the safety and fun first!
We offer the art education for the young people to experience a unique ARTmosphere by introducing the past traditional Indonesian batik art in the present education to deliver the future optional art.
Our mission is to increase the cultural awareness in the form of art education, to embrace the diversity of cultural values, to promote self-esteem and encourage student to develop their diverse creativity needs and to build the multiculture and color of relationship.
Join the batik workshop @ school is ….. to act locally but think globally through the art education.
- Only for kids 8 – 12 years old.
- Maximum 60 minutes session.
- Not using heating wax at all but water resist liquid to substitute the molten wax.
- 100% SAFE and FUN.
- Bring your own art poncho/apron to protect your cloth.
- 10 – 12 kids each group. **(We could run 2 groups per workshop and 2 rounds workshop in one day workshop.)
- Welcome to create your own art into batik!
JUST FILL THIS FORM BELOW FOR YOUR ENQUIRY